When I decided to research Essential Oils (EOs) I wanted to make sure I had compared several of the top companies and made a decision based on my findings. I won’t go into all of the companies I researched, but needless to say, Young Living (YL) is the company I chose to go with. The are the only company I found who owns their own farms (or partners with farms that lives up to the YL standards) where they grow their own crops with no chemical pesticides or fertilizers. Some of the other companies purchase their oils from third party growers in foreign countries and their oils have gone through 2-4 distillations. Young Living’s oils only go through 1 distillation process making their oils a lot more potent. They are also 100% pure therapeutic grade oils providing real health benefits.
Young Living uses a very strict and detailed process in the production of their oils called “Seed to Seal” and is the only essential oil processor in the world using this type of process:
- Seed – The seeds and plants used by YL are verified for their EOs potential.
- Cultivate – YL has farms around the world dedicated to the best growing and harvesting methods.
- Distill – YL combines both ancient and modern distilling techniques.
- Test – The EOs YL produces are tested to meet stringent specifications to exceed international standards.
- Seal – In Young Living’s facility in Spanish Fork, Utah, each EO is bottled into a protective amber glass bottle.
A lot of the oils found for sell in health food stores are fragrance or aroma grade oils which have an essential oil base but also have additives and fillers. Young Living’s pure EOs contain all the desired therapeutic compounds with nothing added. If stored properly away from heat and sunlight, Young Living’s EOs will not expire like other essential oils. Young Living oils meet all industry ISO and AFNOR standards. They are subjected to isotopic ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) analysis which determines whether a particular essential oil is naturally sourced or synthetic (created in a lab).